Try Out This Braided Updo for Your Short Hair
You probably think that a braided updo is next to impossible for owners of a short hair cut, maybe only with the help of hair extensions. But today we gonna show you how to master a messy updo on your short or medium hair without any additional stuff in about ten minutes. The trick lies in making multiple braids.
1. If you are a complete beginner in hairstyling, opt for regular braids, but box braids or French braids will also do. The first thing you will need to do before it is to make waves so that your do won’t look flat. If you have a thick hair type, you may skip this preparatory step.
2. One of the most important things in creating updos for medium length hair is adding texture to the hair. It will look polished and easier to deal with. Make sure you spread the product evenly on all the length of your hair and roots.
3. Now we will need to separate hair into sections. Make a part you usually wear. Now divide front part of your hair from the back right above your ear on both sides. Clip away the back part.
4. Start making braids with your front parts, one on each side. You should braid not all the hair, but only two thirds of the length and secure it with a hair elastic so that you have the end unbraided. As for the back part, separate it into two sections and make two braids.
5. The next step is pulling the braids in order to give them some volume and they won’t look tight. Pull out some hair strands for a messy touch.
6. Now take one of the back braids and tuck it underneath the other. Secure it with one or two bobby pins. Do the same with the second braid. After this, you should take your front braids und tuck your unbraided ends into the back side. Don’t forget about bobby pins.
7. For a final touch, you may pull the braids even more depending on the messiness of the look you are going for. Spritz some hairspray to make it last longer.
We hope you were inspired by this hair tutorial. Try to recreate it next time you are going out.