Fishtail Braid Bun
Source: Missy Sue via Youtube
How to braid hair step by step for beginners to get a fishtail braid bun.
- Take a strand from the top. Determine the forehead corners and create 2 part lines that go side by side. Clip the bottom section down.
- Take a strand at the hairline, divide this strand into 3 small strands.
- Cross both side pieces over the central piece, adding new strands every time.
- When you reach the crown, quit adding new strands. Instead, continue with a regular braid.
- Secure the bottom section of this braid, using 2 bobby pins.
- Tie the remaining hair up to get a ponytail, unravel the tail of the braid.
- Take a small strand from that ponytail and then pull the remaining pony through the middle of a tight mesh donut.
- Take a strand from the pony, start a fishtail braid with the remaining section below.
- At the top area, take a little piece, next, cross this piece over and then into the piece below.
- Take a little strand from the area below, cross this strand towards the top strand, add it to the braid.
- Take a little strand from the very top, then cross this strand over in the downward direction and then into the piece below.
- Take a little strand at the bottom, cross it over and then into the strand on top.
- Repeat these steps till you use all hair from the pony.
- Wrap this braid around and tuck it beneath. Secure it, using bobby pins.