Dutch Fishtail Side Braid
Source: Missy Sue via Youtube
Here comes the first tutorial that will teach you how to fishtail braid your own hair. Dutch fishtail braids are essentials for girls who want to create an elegant girly look. Can’t wait for it? Let’s see how you can do that:
- Part your hair on the right side.
- Then, pick up a section of your hair that is on the heavy side.
- Divide this section into three new sections.
- Start your dutch braid just like you do with a regular braid: cross the side strands under the middle strand to make a stitch.
- Make two sections of your hair by combining the middle and back strand together.
- Start doing a fishtail braid: cross a small section from the right side just under the opposite one.
- Then carry in a new section of your hair, cross it to the left side.
- Cross a small section from the left side under to the right side again and carry in a new section.
- Repeat all the steps until your braid reaches your left temple.
- Once it reaches the temple, continue to braid the rest of the sections going down to your ends.
- When your braid is finished, pull on its edges to make it look fuller.
- Criss-cross two pins over the bottom of your braid and wrap it around the back of your head. Pin it in place!
- The remaining hair over your left shoulder must be included in your braid. Just braid it in.
- Use some hairspray to smooth down any loose hair and enjoy your lovely hairstyle!