French Braid High Bun
Not all the big-day hairstyles are done in salons! Follow these steps to get a chic and elegant updo yourself using a donut and hair extensions.
- Take any extensions, clip them to your hair, and tie them off into a high ponytail.
- Take off a little section from the pony.
- Now, pull the rest of the hair through the donut, making sure that it’s placed at the base right over the elastic.
- Spread the hair around the donut.
- Split the left-out section.
- Pick another new section from the center of the donut right above this small section.
- To get three pieces for the braid, divide the top piece into two. Now you have three strands: one from under the donut and two from the top.
- Start doing a French braid: cross the top strand over the center, then the bottom strand over the center, doing a stitch of a regular braid.
- Begin bringing in hair from the top of the donut: cross the side strand over the center and pick a new section, crossing it over and incorporating it into the braid.
- Don’t add new sections to the bottom strand when you cross it over the center.
- Cross the top strand over the center and pick up a new section from the top to bring it into the braid.
- Cross the bottom strand over the center, then cross the top, then add a new section and cross it over the center, incorporating it into the top strand.
- Go on braiding your hair in this way, repeating the same steps and gradually curving the braid around the donut.
- To hide the donut and make the style appear fuller, pull its edges.
- Wrap the braid around the bun and tuck its ends underneath.
- Secure the bun with bobby pins and finish the style with hairspray.
Source: Missy Sue via Youtube