When you think of the spiral perm, what comes to your mind? If it makes you dive into nostalgia for the stylish 80’s, you’re not alone, girl. Yes, this type of permanent wave was probably the most popular way to get the desirable bouncy texture, and it was famous among all ladies: from magazine covers to homemakers. And you know what? The perm still can be a thing: you just need to know how to rock it right. To prove that real trends never die, we’ve selected the most adorable spiral curls ideas for everyone. Shiny curls are back in town! See our impressive pics to embrace the good-old stylish ‘dos.
Top Differences: Spiral Perm VS Regular Perm
- Shape & Size While the size and shape of curls achieved with the regular perm are uniform, with the spiral perm you can customize every detail of your style. The thickness of your curls and spiral perm rods placement are up to you.
- Length Your hair length is the factor that determines what type of perm you can go for. For example, there are no length restrictions for regular perm. As for the spiral type, there’s no spiral perm short hair can fit in. It just won’t adapt, unless your hair is at least 8 inches in length.
- Depth & Volume Decide what effect you want to achieve from your curls. If you’re going to provide your hair with a slight boost and curly texture, the regular perm will be enough. For more dramatic, voluminous silhouettes, look no further than the spiral type.
- Style Choice Since both types of perm come from the era of retro vibes, one of them will definitely give you a retro look. Though the spiral perm is more flexible, it gives an 80’s-inspired appearance, whereas the regular perm adds a certain sense of modernity.
- Rods Placement When giving you a spiral chevelure, your hairstylist sets thin spiral perm rods for long hair vertically. And if you are about to get the regular perm, different rods will be placed flat against your head. Just let your stylist know what type of curls you want to rock.
Classic Spiral Perm
Meet the classic spiral perm medium length hair can easily bring to life. The burst of volume and the dimension of texture can’t be described in words, as the contrast of colors leaves us speechless.
Thick & Bouncy Curls
Spiral Perm Style + Wispy Bangs
Chic Root Perm
Cold Root Relaxed Spiral Perm
Multi-Textured Perm + Medium Shag
Tousled Perm Curls
Spiral Perm + Classic Medium Bob
Want to stay loyal to your mid-length bob, but you feel the need for changes? A play of texture can sort things out: just look what your simple bob can turn into once you opt for the spiral perm. It’s fancy, stylish, and simply unforgettable.
Tight And Bouncy Curls
Layered & Textured Perm
There are no limitations to the power of layers! They know how to work perfectly, regardless of your present hair texture. For a truly dimensional and deep look, consider getting some layers before going for a creative perm masterpiece!