Double Dutch Braid Ponytail Tutorial
Source: Missy Sue
Is there something better than the combo of double Dutch braids and a good-old ponytail? Sounds too complicated? Don’t worry; this tutorial will help you make it real. Just follow these steps.
- Part your hair a bit off center.
- Take a small section of hair from the left side, split it into three equal strands and start doing a Dutch braid.
- For the braid, cross the right strand under the center and the left strand under the center.
- Cross the right strand under the middle and pick a new section to incorporate it into the braid.
- Do the same with the left strand and go on bringing in new side sections.
- When your braid reaches the back of your head, and your hair from behind your ear is brought in, stop picking new sections and go on braiding the section a bit further.
- Create the second Dutch braid.
- When it’s done, tie all of your hair into a ponytail.
- Pull the edges of the braids to make them appear fuller.
- Hide the elastic underneath a piece of hair, wrapping it around the band and pinning it with some bobbies.
- Coat the style with hairspray.
Main photo by Emilyrosehannon