How To: Easy Updo | French Rope Braid
Another absolutely straightforward and effortless rope braid tutorial is about to give you a feminine and glamorous look for any occasion. Follow these steps to flaunt with the unbelievable French rope cutie!
Source: Alex Gaboury
- Prep your hair with a light or medium hold gel to make it more manageable and less frizzy during styling.
- Start parting your hair on the side you like the most.
- Then, take a one-inch section right from the front area of the part.
- Grab another section, taking it from below the previous one.
- Start doing a French rope by taking the bottom section: bring it up and in front of the top section, and then bring the top section down.
- Continue to cross the sections over one another, adding another one-inch section into the bottom section until you reach the very ends of the braid: it will create the French portion.
- When your braid reaches your ears, direct it across the back of your head and go on braiding.
- Once you braid your hair all the way across the back, secure it with an elastic.
- Twist the ponytail into a low bun.
- Pull the edges of the edges of your braid and bun to create a thicker appearance to the style and enjoy!
We hope that this tutorial is enjoyable and helpful.
Main photo by N.starck