If you have ever heard of sunset hair, then you must know how gorgeous it is. If not, then what are you waiting for? It is time to get introduced to this mesmerizing hair color style to make it your go-to look. For your convenience, we have prepared this detailed guide that contains not only helpful tips but also inspiring ideas for sunset locks.
What Is The Sunset Hair
But, what do you call sunset hair? This is a hair color style that includes several colors to resemble the sunset. There are many ways to pull off the look. Sunset hair colors can be applied using any hair coloring technique, from balayage hair to reverse ombre. Besides, you can choose any color scheme for the style, as sunsets are multicolored and unique. You can draw inspiration from the beginning of the sunset in the desert or the end of the city one. That is why, sunset-colored hair may feature blue, orange, pink, purple, red hair strands and anything in between.
How To Get Sunset Hair?
The failsafe way to achieve the best result with your sunset hair is to take the next steps:
- Bring a picture of the desired hair look to the salon to refer to. As the saying goes, it is better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times. This is especially true for haircuts and hairstyles. Similar to galaxy hair, it should not necessarily be a photo of a person with this hair color but the image of the phenomena you got inspired by.
- Decide on the colors you want in your sunset hair. Think carefully, what colors you want your hairstyle to feature. Maybe, you feel like going for purple hair roots with orange tips or red ombre hair enhanced with orange highlights. This is when you should make up your mind.
- Try on the colors first. It is a good idea to give the chosen sunset hair color a test drive before going for a more permanent option to make sure it is going to work for you. You can use colored waxes or hair chalk for this.
Sunset Hair Color Shades To Try
To provide you with a dose of inspiration, we have put together the most awe-inspiring sunset hairstyle ideas below, from copper sunset hair color to oil slick hair. So, all you have to do is to choose the one that appeals to you.
Sunset Hair Vibes
What feeling does the sunset give you? Romantic? Relaxed? Breathtaking? All of them can also be attributed to a sunset ombre hair style. So, do not hesitate to adopt its vibe.
Red & Yellow Sunset
Imagine the sunset on a tropical island. What colors do you see? We picture fiery red enhanced with bright yellow. Indeed, a sunset red hair color and yellow accents create a mesmerizing combo with an exotic feel.
Ombre Sunset Hair
A sunset ombre hair color looks very natural thanks to soft transitions between the shades. You are free to choose any color options in this case, from light and subtle to dark and deep.
Dark Sunset Ombre Hair
What makes a dark purple hair color a great choice for a sunset look is that any other shade will pop against it. Thus, you can go for a dark purple red hair style for a more blended appearance or paint in lighter shades for a high contrast look.
Neon Shades Hair Trend
Neon colors have been trending for quite a while now. So, it makes sense to incorporate them into your sunset hairstyle. With such a look, you are bound to be in the sporlight.
Cozy Pastel Sunset Hair
On the opposite side of the spectrum is a pastel sunset hair look. As the colors it includes are soft and gentle, it gives off a cozy and sweet air.
If you find periwinkle hair appealing, then you will most likely appreciate the dusty sunset hair look. Dusty undertones give bold and vivid colors an unusual twist, which makes this hairstyle look absolutely unique.
Peachy Sunset Color Hair Trend
Tips for Keeping Your Sunset Hair Color Bright
To extend the vitality of your sunset hair color as well as to keep your locks healthy, make sure to follow these expert tips:
- Use a hair shampoo and conditioner aimed at the hair that has undergone color treatment. They will guarantee that the locks receive the required conditioning and moisturizing without stripping off the color.
- Check that the shampoo you are using does not contain sulfates, as they dry out your hairs and promote the washout of color.
- Similar to unicorn hair and other complex coloring techniques, you should not wash your sunset hair for at least three days. This guarantees that the color is settled and the hair cuticles are sealed.
- When washing the locks, finish off by rinsing them with cool water for added shine and moisture. And generally, avoid using hot water, as it can speed up color fading.
- Do not wash your mane very frequently because the color will not last long. To maintain a fresh look of your hair between washing, employ a dry hair shampoo.
- Steer clear of chlorine and saltwater. If you visit a swimming pool, protect your hair color with a swim cap.
- Do not forget to protect your locks from UV rays. Not only do they make the color fade away faster but they are generally harmful.
- Keep the use of heated tools to a minimum. Opt for alternative ways of straightening and curling the locks. And when you do apply heat to the hair, always protect it with a special product.
- Maintain a good level of hydration and take care of your diet. In this way, you will help your tresses from the inside as well.
What colors do I need for sunset hair?
Sunset hair may feature many different colors depending on the look you are striving for. Yet, you can never go wrong with pink, yellow, orange, red and purple.
What hair color holds the longest?
Brown is considered the most long lasting hair dye, as it resembles a natural hair color greatly.
What is the hardest color to remove from hair?
Ironically, red is the most difficult color to maintain as well as to remove.
With this information in mind, we are almost sure that you will not have any difficulties pulling off the sunset hair color style. From bright and intricate to low-key and simple, there is an option to match any taste. Just pick the one that speaks to you.REFERENCES:
- How to Achieve a Sunset Hair Color. Source